Wednesday, November 25, 2015

It's Almost Nearly Getting Close to Counting Down to Christmas!

But first... Thanksgiving!
Which just so happens to be tomorrow!!
I haven't posted for a while, but I think now is as good a time as any to share some thoughts.
First of all, I am definitely guilty of being so excited for Christmas that I almost skip right over Thanksgiving! I mean honestly, I've been watching Christmas movies and listening to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra since Halloween... But, I do love getting together with family, eating TONS of good food, and being thankful for all that I have. This season of the year is a wonderful time to reflect on life and truly be grateful for the many bounties we receive. Now I could just start a gigantic list of everything I am thankful for, cause I truly am blessed, but I'll save you the novel and just hit some major ones.


This year especially, I have been in a state of reflection almost constantly because the past year has brought a lot of changes to my life. First of all, I got married. Now that alone is a HUGE life change! Then my new husband and I moved to Houston, Texas for the summer. For a small town girl like me, this was like I travelled to another planet. However, this turned out to be a good experience that I don't regret and will never forget. Next, my closest brother and life friend left to serve a 2 year LDS mission in Armenia. Wow, talk about life changing! Not just for me, but for my entire family. He's been gone for 4 months now, but doing well.

So as you can see, a lot has changed and change is hard! These changes have definitely been hard! But, change is inevitable. And looking back now, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so grateful for the changes and the challenges that this year has brought. And today, my heart is full. I have a wonderful, hardworking, and loving husband. I have a big, loud, crazy, but wonderful family (that includes the new family I've gained in the last year). I have a place to call home and food to eat. And that's all I really need.

I'm so grateful for Thanksgiving and I hope we all will not only be grateful at this time of year, but all year long. This year I'm really going to miss my mom's delicious homemade rolls and my dad's "professionally" cooked Norbest Turkey. But I will be well fed by the Poly family. :)
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and...
May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize,
and may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment