Monday, September 28, 2015

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese


I've got an easy and yummy recipe for you! This Croc Pot Mac and Cheese is perfect for those busy weeknights when you just need something hearty and warm to eat. It's one of my favorite things to make as a side dish or a main course. I can put this in my Crock Pot right before afternoon dance classes and it will be creamy and ready by the time I get home. And it's delicious!

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Recipe for 2.5 quart Crock Pot (you can double or triple this for larger Crock Pots)

Ingredients:
4 cups milk
2 cups water
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
16 oz. Rotini noodles (I prefer these because they cook best in the slow cooker, but you can use macaroni or any other type of noodles.)

In Crock Pot, combine all ingredients except noodles. Whisk together until frothy. Add noodles. Mix until noodles are completely covered. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook on Low for 5-6 hrs or High for 3-4 hrs.
After it's cooked, I like to add more cheese to the top to melt just before serving.
















I attempted and tweeked this recipe many times until I finally got it to the right taste and texture. Now I guess I can consider this my own recipe! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment